Monday, July 24, 2006

JD Illumination Textures, Vol. 2 - FREE TEXTURE CONTEST WINNERS

First, let me say how utterly grateful I am for all the fabulous entries to the JD Illumination Textures, V2  - FREE TEXTURE PHOTO CONTEST. Wow. That was a mouthful.

I really appreciate the willingness you all took in taking risks — it is always hard to feel like you're competing in art. I mean, it's completely subjective and it's your ART so it's a little nerve-racking. But it's also really important to remember that this is just for fun and it's a way to grow and challenge yourself. It's kind of amazing to see what so many different photographers can do with ONE texture. Mind-boggling in fact. It's also really important to note that this was the first time a lot of the contestants had EVER used a texture. I am so impressed. I have to say, I think the quality of the entries was extremely high. Kudos to you all. Thanks for making me look good  :)

Please also let me express my HUGE THANKS to my friends at The Maternal Lens. I was beyond relieved when they graciously agreed to let me outsource my judging duties to them. If you don't follow their Facebook page, you simply must "like" and bookmark them now. Each of the ladies at TML has their own unique style and perspective, so I thought it would be fun to let each choose a winner. Plus, I figured it would be even more fun to award 5 prizes, 2 more than the originally promised 3, so that was a happy twist as well.

Here are the choices for each judge:

Meg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/izzyjoe/6258839879/in/pool-1233993@N24/

Shannon: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61269296@N04/6249049372/in/pool-1233993@N24/

Megan: http://www.flickr.com/photos/52983100@N03/6262853868/in/pool-1233993@N24/

Sarah: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrieferrisphotography/6259747994/in/pool-1233993@N24/

Jen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22444406@N02/6256506941/in/pool-1233993@N24/

Winners are being notified via their Flickr mail to comply with Facebook's policies :)  Each will receive a complimentary JD Illumination Textures, Vol. 2 pack.

Thank you all again so, so much for your participation. Your excitement, willingness to experiment, and your individual artistic visions keep me motivated to keep hosting them :)

If you haven't checked out all the amazing entries, please go here now. I think you'll be as inspired as I was.

Thanks again to all who participated and lovely ladies at The Maternal Lens.

xoxo,

Jessica





1 comment:

  1. Congrats to them! Wish it was me :( maybes the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete