Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Monthly Challenge

As many of you know, I'm hosting a monthly challenge. January's Challenge is to be Inspired by a Song.

Here's my take: Initially, I was leaning toward some different songs, but Thursday, the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules popped up on my Pandora. I was struck by the song's seeming preoccupation with ideas of existentialism / absurdism. This image is based on the first few lyrics in the song:

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Textures: Aged from Super Grunge Urban and Mist from Super Grunge Vintage, plus additional hand editing.

If YOU'D like to participate, here is the link to the challenge themes - the cut off is January 20th, so you still have time. http://jessicadrossintextures.blogspot.com/2013/01/monthly-photo-challenge-and-contest.html

You may participate in as many challenges as you'd like. You can simply opt to share by pasting your image on my wall (and then please be so kind as to look at and comment on others' work as well so this has a community feel) without the pressure of being in the contest. You do not have to use my textures to participate in this way.

If you'd like to enter the monthly CONTEST for a shot of winning one of two prize packages, valued at $250 each, you will need to use one of my textures (can be a freebie) and label it. This app is the only means by which you can enter for Contest consideration, sharing on my wall alone WILL NOT COUNT. Please enter via the Photo Contest tab, below my timeline picture OR her is the mobile link :)

http://l.inkto.it/vm0


No comments:

Post a Comment